As a Content Creator, a media kit is the easiest and fastest way for a brand to know who you are, what your content is about, and what you can offer them, it’s virtually your resume! Here are a few tips to create a Media Kit that will not only impress to make it easier to pitch yourself to brands.
Canva is one of the best tools to use for creating your Media Kit, it gives you tons of options and layouts, and lets you customize your media kit in the way that makes sense for you. This video let’s you see how easy it it to select a layout you like, all you need to do is type Media Kit in the search bar, and you’ll have access to so many different layouts. Once you find the one that best suits you, you are able to easily customize it to make it more personalized to you.
Here’s an example of what mine looks like
The most important features your Media Kit should have are:
- At least one picture of you so the brand knows who they’re working with.
- At least one picture of the content you create. Ex. If you are a food blogger, pictures of your work, if you are a fashion blogger, pictures of you showcasing clothing.
- A list of all the Social Media sites that you actively post content on, along with your statistics on those sites.
- A brief About Me area so that the brand can get a snapshot view of who you are
- A place where you can list companies you’ve worked with before. If you haven’t worked with brands before, that is definitely ok, this is not a make or break section.
- Lastly and most importantly, your Media Kit should have a place where you list what content you offer and what your rates are. If you’re not truly sure what to charge, a good tool to use is the Influencer Marketing Hub Money Calculator Tool, this will help you get a general idea of what your rates should be for IG posts.
Hopefully you find these tips for creating a Media Kit helpful. As always, if you guys ever have any questions just reach out! I am always so glad to be able to help my fellow creatives!