Today is officially my birthday and I’m 30! (Insert all the just turning 30 saying’s here) As you can see my favorite one happens to come from a little cinematic flick named ’13 going on 30′.
Though I feel truly no different than I did last year, saying that I’m 30 does make me feel a lot like I’m officially an adult. It’s funny, because I was just thinking about how fast the last 10 years flew by, but how as a kid it felt as though time stood so still.
I wanted to do this post as a way to share some of the wisdom that I’ve learned throughout my twenties, who knows, maybe someone needed to hear this so here goes:
1.You are forever and always going to make mistakes, it’s how we learn and grow from them that matters most.
2. Low rise jeans were definitely a mistake.
3. Using your fingers to count is still a viable counting system.
4. Life is in fact like a box of chocolates, you never know what you’re going to get, there are sweet moments, and also some bitter ones.
5. Having girlfriends is not only necessary, it’s essential! I am a strong believer that our friends, the family we create for ourselves, are our soulmates and help us get this thing called life. (Reference material: Sex and the City)
6. A daily SPF is a must and I should have been wearing this long ago.
7. The things that make you different are in fact very beautiful, and it’s ok not to “fit in”! I know that people say this as an inspirational quote, but this one’s true, this one you can keep.
8. Investing in shoes with the proper arch support and cushioning is the smartest decision you can make.
9. Try to never lose your sense of childlike wonder and adventure, and never stop setting goals and believing that you can achieve them.
10. And lastly time will pass by before you know it, moments were not meant to last forever, so take chances, create memories, and love as hard as you can.
I’m hopeful to learn more valuable lessons in my life and to really live for the moment. My 20’s did bring me a lot of growth moments, I’m hoping to put all the knowledge I’ve learned to good use in my 30’s and start all the moments possible.